I also aggree with you brian.
Though I may critisise tome for a lot of things he has generally been good.
And I guess we have learned another lesson out of this.
That is never to do  more than you could handle.
In addition to his own work tom took on 3 projects that were not his one.
Fine.
He decided to work on those.
Fine.
Let it not be forgotten that when he was almost done with monti he had copywrite issues.
He was almost done.
He decided to make the game with his own ideas.
Fine.
At this point he should have stayed with basic concepts that we were all used to, stayed with windows and not bothered with anything else.
Then put the new  things in a update.
He decides to write an engine, a rather large task by anyone's standards.
He has asked people what to do in each hard choice and has always written.
If any concerns had come up then from people I am sure he would have listened.
Not that I accuse anyone though.
His mistake was trying to impliment new tech in beta stage before the first 1.0 release.
Ie multiplatform support, new libraries  etc.
This caused no end of trouble for him.
Which understandably got people frustrated.
Though he always asked if it was ok to delay.
What I don't understand is why no one brought this up a bit ago.
I don't mean just in messages but when he asked for delays in production.
Its clear to me an outsider with little knowledge of polotics in this small world, that this has been building for a while.
I have always been happy to continue with whatever  tom has chosen.
In hinesight not that we can make decisions with that in mind since thats really after that that happens. I'd actually would have not answered yes to either the multiplatform changes when it was first proposed or even when tom was just going to release all projects as is then move to his own coding. If I had known he would try to do to many things then I wouldn't have answered yes to the poles.
Ok granted, his ambicians  were noble and still are.
But its clear that again the wait has been to long for some people, actually it maybe more than some.
I am not sure if we did not express ourselves or what.
No where though have I seen people asking or suggestiing to go with stuff without getting more changes.
I wander if this is the assertiveness of the community in question.
To be honest I have no real idea I am just an outsider.
I've probably gone to far now but I think this needs saying even if this means I don't post again for a bit.