From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Milos Przic
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:44 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castaways, translated in to other languages.

Hi Jeremy,
Nice work! Don't know how much time I am going to spend on that having in
mind my work and my studies, but I plan to translate the game in Serbian.
Now, immediately there are two little problems with that.
   The first one is unicode. What about the letters that doesn't exist in
english?
   the second problem are the names. In Serbian, and in some other
languages, the foreign names are not being written as in the original
languages either because of the pronounce or because the translation
language doesn't have the letters for the name. Serbian, for example,
doesn't have and doesn't use the letter y or x. The thing should be
confusing especially when the sinthesizers read out loud the names, as they
read by default a name in a way that the combination of letters would be
pronounced in other languages. So the english eloquence reads my name Milos,

or even Milo (it depends on a user's codepage), and it should be pronounced
Milosh (I wrote it so that the american english eloquence speaks it right,
or almost right). The last name is way too hard. :)
   So if you can, do the same with the base of names so that we who have to
"translate", or better said, transcribe them could do it.
   Thanks, and best regards!
          Milos Przic
msn: milos.pr...@gmail.com
skype: Milosh-hs