I had to read this one twice, maybe because it is early in the morning, or
perhaps it's just because Temporal is crazy hard to explain in writing, lol.
It doesn't seem like there is any problem to me.  You created 2 "shadows", as
you call them, and both still exist.  They just always jumped back to earlier
times before passing tick 2.  This means they are still walk around, killing
guards, and jumping through time, you just can't interact with them because
none traveled beyond tick 2.

Hopefully this makes sense.  Also, please let me know if I clearly
misunderstood what you wrote.