Hi,

For what its worth I am playing the game on a couple of different
machines and the graphics don't effect the performance at all. So the
only two ideas I have that might be causing this issue is either the
system is ancient and dosn't have enough CPU power to do even simple
graphics, or the system has way too many background processes running
that are slowing the system down. Given the two options I feel it is
probably a combo of background processes like antivirus, screen
reader,  and any other tsr applications that can be resource intensive
running at the same time that is killing the computers CPU power.

Cheers!