HI Tom,

That's very true. Most mainstream game developers encrypt their
sounds, graphics, and other game data precisely for that reason. They
don't want someone just modding the game however they want, and they
consider changing this or that a serious violation of copyright. Most
audio game developers haven't been that strict with the community, but
perhaps they should start because we've ended up with a rather lax
attitude towards copyrights and ownership etc.

Its for that reason I've already decided to begin encrypting the
sounds, music, and speech files for MOTA. I'm going to eliminate this
attitude "I paid for it so I can mod it" idea in a hurry. I created
the game the way I wanted it, and I'm not going to just allow people
to mod it however they want or think it should be because it isn't
their game. They aren't the creator or the developer of the product so
don't have the final say about things like that.

Cheers!