Wow that's pretty cool! I'd love to try that some time...

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 6:47 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] archery without looking - Re: mota beta 22 thoughts

What kind of archery equipment did you use and how did you aim?  I shot a
60-pound White Tail Hunter made by Bear.  It was a compound bow with a
reduction in weight after you pulled the bow over the cam.  I pulled 60 and
held about 42 while aiming.  My arrows were 31 inch aluminum shafts with 150
grain field points for target archery.  A large spotlight was positioned
above the backstop and a light probe was mounted onto the bow where sighted
people would put a sight.  The light probe was built into a piece of
sprinkler pipe.  I listened to the received signal through an earphone.  I
aimed for the highest tone, then released the arrow.  On a good day, I could
hit a paper plate 3 out of 5 times at a distance of 20 yards, equivalent to
18 meters.  This was indoor archery.  The light probe focused on an 18-inch
circle, and it was then up to me to judge the center of that area.

---
"Security is not the absence of danger.  It is the presence of the Lord."