From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of alex wallis
Sent: 15 September 2011 12:18
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] accessible games for android

Hi sean,
I did a bit of googling last night, and ran across stem stumpers, which
is available for I phone and android, but to date that is the only game
for android I have come across, and it doesn't even sound two exciting.

you are right about symbian being discontinued in favour of windows
phone 7, and although I just got a nokia e7 to try it out, I am
beginning to feel its more hastle than its worth, as the keyboard part
just isn't well designed, its so easy to knock the touch screen with
your hand while texting.
and although with mobile speak this isn't a huge problem, I do find the
home screens on symbian 3 pathetic, only being able to have 4 shortcuts
per screen is just stupid, and both mobile speak and talks don't read
all icons on the home screen, plus interacting with a phone switchboard
system isn't very easy, especially selecting numbers on the touch
screen. although I could open the phone to physically dial in the
numbers once on the phone I don't see why I should have to.

the I phone is tempting, but I don't like the voices I have heard so far
on it, and although I guess I could get a blutooth keyboard, its just
more equipment to lug around, and I would need to keep it charged up.
plus I couldn't easily stand around in a public place and text with it
like I could do with a phone that has a physical keyboard, as I would
have to have the I phone in one hand, and keyboard in another.
unfortunately I think its unlikely the I phone will ever get a physical
keyboard, given that steve jobs hates physical buttons, and feels that
devices should be asthetically pleasing and easy for the sighted world
to use.