Hi Daren,
well to save you hunting around, I will provide you with the names of the keyboards I have found so far,
one is called the nuu MinniKey,
another is called the tk421
and the third is called the
buddy case, and is available from
www.boxwave.com
apparently this particular keyboard has a version 1 and two, with two having a layout similar to a regular qwerty keyboard, though unlike version 1 it doesn't have a dedicated number row, this particular keyboard sounds interesting though as aparrently you can get 45 days worth of battery from one charge. Having said that I read a very damming review that totally slammed this keyboard, so I am not sure as I have read equally positive and negative ones about all of the ones I have listed so far.

I have read reviews of all of these keyboards, and they all sound very different to each other, with advantages and disadvantages to each.

One thing that does concern me about the I phone is interacting with the touch screen on a call, for example when trying to interact with a menu driven phone system. I recently got a nokia e7, running talks and I have decided to sell it, as I just wasn't able to find the numbers on the touch screen for dialing in pin codes for my bank and voice mail, it was just two slow, and I was getting cut off or transferred to operators. having said that, one thing that really got in the way on the phone was having to tap a virtual soft key to even bring up the keyboard before I could even start trying to find the numbers.

mm perhaps we should either start a new thread or take this off list, as I suppose it is going way off topic for android, and also we don't want to annoy the mods, what do you think?