I may be late on responding to this, but I think that having multiple weapons is a good way to solve the ammo problem. In other zombie shooters like resident evil, you are always given some gun or other that has infinite ammo, but it's always a weak weapon, like a standard handgun which takes 5 or 6 shots to kill a zombie unless you can pull off a headshot on a moving target. Other weapons you find in the game are more powerful, but have less ammo so you have to be careful especially because clips can be hard to find. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp, update to fix the errors

I've just uploaded version 0.5b which has some changes. I've fixed a few more sound buffer issues that I think were the cause of the "ghostly" sounds Omar was hearing. I've also laid the ground work for missions in the game, though they are only partially complete. I still need to hear back from you guys about the idea of limited ammo. Should you have infinite ammo clips to reload with, or should you only have a certain amount and have to find new ones? Depending on how much people need to shoot their gun, limited ammo could end up being a problem. Unlimited ammo isn't as realistic, but lets also remember that it is alright for a game to do some things unrealistically if it improves the fun. Just let me know what you guys think.

You can now press the Q button to hear your current mission.
The game has a few missions just to test the system out, but currently once you reach the gas station the rest of the mission hasn't been built yet. Actually, once you leave the swamp just consider everything else to be unfinished. You can run around in the parts of the map I didn't complete yet, but there will be a lot of open empty space, and very few zombies to fight.

The download link is still the same:
www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/Swamp.zip