Richard, the bullets actually do travel and their range is currently unlimited.
 If a zombie is far away, the odds of hitting it get very small.  Up close you
may be up to a few degrees off from center cut you'd still hit it.  If that
same zombie was moved back a ways, you might have to be within half of a degree
to still hit it.  That kind of accuracy is very difficult to achieve.  Not
impossible, but difficult.