Especially after my last mouse controlled game, I found that many people in the
community don't like using it because they feel they are bad at it.  In almost
all cases, if a feature is added to a game that utilizes the control advantages
that a mouse brings, there will not be a way to replicate it using the
keyboard.  Because of this, more and more games are going to appear that
require the use of a mouse instead of just allowing it.  I imagine when each of
us first started using a standard keyboard we struggled and became frustrated
at times.  With practice it became second nature and now most of us don't even
think twice about dancing our hands across the keys at incredible speeds.  The
mouse will become comfortable in much the same way.