I'd also be happy to volunteer some voice-acting.
Christina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Swamp Ideas

Kai, I think it's been about 10 years since I last did game controller input so
I'll probably hold off on that until later,
if I end up adding it at all.  I've never personally cared for using game
controllers for playing games, so I never really
developed for them in any of my games over the years.

When it comes to sounds, I believe you have proven yourself in Castaways.
Please feel free to change any sounds that you
think you can improve.  If you have sounds for the guns that would be
excellent, and I could also use some type of sound for
flies buzzing around a corpse if you've got one.  For the gun sounds, I
originally had them separated but later switched to
pre mixed sounds.  The lack of variety is a price I'm willing to pay for
increasing the number of zombies and sound sources.
As a zombie game, I have to anticipate situations when there will be many
enemies swarming you and cutting those little
corners helps.  I currently have a gun shot sound, a gun shot followed by an
impact into a zombie, a gun shot followed by an
impact into a wall, and a gun shot followed by the death of a zombie.  There
are a few variations to these, which just have a
number after them.  Feel free to include a few versions and I can have the game
randomly pick which
 one to use.

If the out of ammo and reload sounds for the guns are different, you can
include those as well.

I need to sit and come up with a list of phrases that I will need spoken by
volunteer voice actors.  It's hard to plan that
out in advance though, so I will start small with more generic speech.