Well it has been somewhat of an unofficial secret, but since this topic has
come up I might as well share.  The Grenade in the next update is going to be a
rare and extra powerful item.  In many games, grenades are commonly used as if
they are just another weapon but in Swamp they will special.  The server will
make sure that only a set number of them ever appear in a map since the
grenades will actually have the power to destroy the environment!

If you throw a grenade against the side of the Kai Mart, for example, the
resulting explosion will permanently create a hole big enough to serve as a new
doorway.  The changes to the map will affect everyone, and the map will repair
only once all missions are complete and the map naturally resets itself.  This
is the plan anyway and I do reserve the right to change my mind if it becomes
too difficult to prevent people from abusing the feature.