You can add the effects with the Cepstral Tools program you get anytime you install aCepstral voice. It's basically the Cepstral version of Text Aloud and works best for creating Wav files using the Cepstral voices from what I noticed. I mean you can use them in Text Aloud but it seems more sluggish than it does with the Cepstral specific app.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] legalized speech - Re: Possible MOTA Features

Hi,

Oh, I wouldn't say that. There are decent SAPI 5 voices as well. They
just don't come with Windows like the SAPI 4 voices did. The Cepstral
voices, for example, have similar effects to make the voices sound
robotic, add echo, etc so that feature is still available in SAPI 5.
As I recall an application can add those special effects simply by
providing SAPI 5 with the proper xml or ssml tags. Its just Microsoft
decided not to have default special effects presets with the SAPI 5
versions of Mike, Mary, Sam, and Anna like they did for the SAPI 4
voices. So let's not blame SAPI 5 itself for not having feature x. Its
there, but may or may not be active in voice x.

Plus I've looked at the Windows 8 beta. The new SAPI 5 voices that
come for the OS for Narrater are better than what comes with Vista and
Windows 7. They are based on the SAPI 5.5 API  which has some nifty
extras for more specific control over speech output via ssml tags.

Cheers!

what supprises me is that there are more voices for sapi4 which sound
quite good, some with effects.
the ms sapi4 engines for example sound better than the sapi5 ones.
And the ms ones have effects like hall, space, etc.
There are also robot voices which sound rather cool.
THere is good quality lh voices, eloquence,  viavoice, etc.
On sapi 5 its all gone a bit backwards, low quality voices are mostly
crap or not liked.
There are voices for win8 on the firums well a demo file on
audiogames and they sound rather nice.
Then again there are people that hate anna and I don't.