Mentioning sapi 4, it's pronunciation is quite off. A couple notable things: On is pronounced in, off is pronounced of. Also, if I remember rightly, it was much less fluid than sapi 5. I can confirm as well, that (at least the sapi four installation that comes with the APH products) does not work on windows seven.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1...@gmail.com
To: Gamers Discussion list <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:15:21 -0500
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] legalized speech - Re: Possible MOTA Features

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know any more than I've already said. Yes,
there was a SAPI 4 compatible version of Eloquence available, but I'm not sure if it is still being sold/licensed. Last I heard Kurzweil 3000 still ships withe the generic SAPI 4 version of Eloquence, but it has been sometime since I have actually checked out that software. What I do know for sure is that the company that owns Eloquence---I want to say it is Speech Works---has changed the license agreement for newer versions of Eloquence which prohibit version 6 of being used with any application not specifically licensed for the product. Most accessible applications such as Jaws, Window-Eyes, Openbook, all have specific licenses with Speech Works to support and use Eloquence. So I
don't know where Speech Works stands on the older generic SAPI 4
version that came with IBM Viavoice etc. My guess is if you have it you can use it, but keep in mind its a 32-bit app and uses SAPI 4, not
SAPI 5, so usage on Windos 7 and beyond might be problematic. I
haven't tried it myself so am not too clear on backwards compatibility
with SAPI 4 on Windows 7.

Cheers!