From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 21 November 2011 16:08
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] space strategy games was RE: Game concepts BGT
Version1.1 Released!

Hi Darren,

Ah, I see. As I recall the version for the Amiga was a little
different from the Atari versions. I never understood quite why, but
every time Elite was ported or rewritten for a different platform they
 offered different ships, slightly different missions, etc. Perhaps it
was a marketing ploy to purchase the same game more than once or the
developer just liked making different versions. However, I do recall
playing two or three different versions back in the 80's.