Oh yes, adding cheat protection is a relatively trivial task. You just associate a hash or crc with each value you want to protect, and then you can immediately detect if a given variable has been tampered with and take appropriate action. Crash the game, play a message, create 10 lions right in your location, etc etc. There are already some easter eggs in the game, though of course I took them out for the demo. Smirk.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
----- Original Message ----- From: "Yohandy" <yohand...@gmail.com>
To: <phi...@blastbay.com>; "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Perilous Hearts hero playthrough.

I've already done so, however I didn't keep the recording due to the fact it
took a year for a bore to get killed for that particular playthrough, and it
would've been quite boring to listen to haha. I hope the final game has cool
trophies and unlockables. I wanna do insane difficult things no one in their
right mind would try. Also Philip, I just thought of something. Have you
encrypted the game's data once it's loaded into memory? Reason I ask is,
some people in the community have been using cheating programs to edit game
values in realtime. there's a Q9 cheat file floating around as a matter of
fact. This is very bad if you're considering adding scoreboards, trophies
etc, as people will just lock in the values and get just about anything
without earning it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Philip Bennefall" <phi...@blastbay.com>