Hi,

Yeah, I know. I make heavy use of those saved states, because since I
can't see the NES/Super NES games any more I have to playh largely by
memory and usually screw up several times before I get through a
level. In a case like that I don't consider it cheating because I'm
using the saved game as an accessibility aid for playing mainstream
games. However, were I sighted I think I would make minimal usage of
the emulator's saved games because it is more challenging to beat
something like Super Mario III by playing it straight through without
saved games etc. However, since that feature now exists I'm sure there
are plenty of people who use it to cheat there way through when us
gamers from the 80's had to do it all without the ability to save
games etc. It was hard work, and the gamers of today have no idea what
that was like.

Cheers!