Part of the loot thing (in my opinion) is that at many times, there are so many zombies near the bridge, people can't get across to claim the loot there. They snatch up the loot on the west side, but nobody makes it to the east side, so when loot generates over there, it stays there.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Bartlett" <themusicalbre...@gmail.com
To: "'Gamers Discussion list'" <gamers@audyssey.org
Date sent: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 15:45:54 -0500
Subject: [Audyssey] Swamp: spawning and loot questions.

I've noticed that there seem to be some places on the map that almost always have loot and have begun wondering how loot generation works. I've also come across areas with as many as twelve corpses with loot within a very small distance of one another, which is actually a peril, since the overwhelming buzzing of the flies can mask the sound of sneaky zombies. (not suggesting this change, it nicely simulates a loss of situational
awareness.

So, are the locations for loot randomly generated, or are they tied to where zombies die? if the latter, is there some sort of delay between giving them
sweet surcease and having the good stuff appear on the ground?

There are also predictable concentration points for zombies. The large packs seem to be on or near roads, with stragglers out in the fields/swamps. I'm wondering if this is an artifact of their spawning locations or of their
movement plan.

From a story perspective, it almost might make sense to restrict
spawning to
a few points around the edge, to mimic an invasion. You could have players who try to stem the invasion and protect the town getting overwhelmed by sheer numbers and either having to beat a hasty retreat or becoming zombies. Speaking of which, might it be possible for player death to result in zombies of a separate type that aren't counted in the 150 limit? One of the worst things about a plague of the undead is their tendency to recruit from
the casualties.

               Chris Bartlett