True, you should of let him come forth and ask is it useable and then move to next problem. If he determent accessibility to be to much of a nag. He just might mention it on the apple dev list and then accessibility will be a missed thought. Give a good experience about accessibility and he might show others a real need in using it.
At 10:22 AM 12/16/2011, you wrote:
Well at first he wrote on the game's public forum. At that time Mario seemed genuinely open to the idea. After a few messages between him, Michael and myself Mario asked us not to raise the issue again since he thought he had a pretty good idea what he was going to try. In fact he basically agreed with something Michael had already suggested, so there should have been no reason to write him further at tis time.
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 8:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Silversword is not the game for the blind.

Hi Michael,

No offense, but I think the response you got was justified from the
developer's perspective.  Its obvious from his response that he feels
you were e-mailing him too much over the accessibility topic, he felt
pressured and hounded, and instead of looking at it as suggestions he
saw it as spam. As a developer myself I do know where he is coming
from as there are certain members of this community who simply do not
know how to ask for something without being rude about it, or by
trying to pressure the developer by e-mailing him/her over and over
again until they are sick of it.

Seriously. Before you say the developer has a bad attitude why don't
you consider your own actions here and see how and why they might have
contributed to the developer's attitude?

I haven't seen your own post or posts to the developer so I can't give
you specifics, but I can tell you some general things that tick
developers off. Did you sound pushy, winy, or demanding when you wrote
your post? Did you send him one message or did you constantly send him
e-mails over and over again until he simply got fed up with reading
them? Did you discuss it privately, or did you write him in a public
forum for all to see?

My point being here is that there are a number of ways you can
irritate a developer without intending to just by being pushy,
demanding, writing your suggestions over a public forum instead of
privately, or just sending several messages on the same subject day
after day. If he wants to do something he'll do it, but if you
irritate the developer its likely he'll just blow you and your
suggestions off as an annoyance.