As is being found out through this thread, it isn't only the sighted people who notice, and probably judge us, on our ability to accurately communicate through Emails. Blind people cannot decipher a lot of messages that were written by screen reader users because they weren't punctuated or correctly spelled.

A screen reader, JAWS for example, will put pauses and inflection into messages as indicated by how they were written.. A lack of punctuation indicates one sentence that runs on, and on, and on! The screen reader pronounces it how it sees it. Funy isn't funny, and pupy isn't puppy. If you listen to your message before you send it, you should hear this mistakes, and you should go back over your message and correct them. Nobody will even know you made the mistakes, but if you leave them in, people will notice. And, when someone constructively criticizes you by showing that puzle should be puzzle, for example, it's not being picky. It's trying to be helpful. On the other side of the coin, screen readers can be strange at times. Videogame is correct, even though it should be pronounced "video game", so, at times, it does pay to pay attention when reading, keeping in mind that screen readers are not perfect.

When it comes to proofreading, those of us fortunate enough to have a refreshable braille display can usually do a better job at it, because braille is the best and most immediate and accurate method. It can be done with speech, but just takes a bit more time and effort, but it still doesn't take all that much.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mich" <mi...@eastlink.ca>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Blind Gamers Being Taken Seriously?

Hi I agree with this as well. I will go one step further and admit that my spelling is not grate either. thank goodness for spell check. and I also agree that I to have shot off messages before with out spell checking them first. so I can sertenley understand where a sighted person would come off with the wrong idea about blind people if they are reading a message full of spelling mistakes. well these are my thoughts. from Mich. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Peterson" <bpeterson2...@cableone.net>