Hmm. I've been looking at your ideas and I think it's an interesting list... but to be honest the only one I think needs to be in is the one about projectiles having extended sounds. There are fighters that already do the position thing. As to projectiles, well, though I think they should be extended, I think that the time between the launch of a projectile and its connection to either the character or the character's blocking is frankly enough to tell the distance between one character and the other. As to your other comments... 3: A universal system of hit sounds to indicate the relative vertical position of a move. This would only be necessary for jump-in attacks, and I think there would be no possible way for audio to be detailed enough to cue the angle without being so obvious that it adds unnecessary beeps and other sounds. that would detract from the game. As to sweeps, uppercuts and whatnot, if you were to add sounds for each attack, you would have to separate them for players to react in time, which would slow down the game at best, since you would have to hear the sound and then react to it, which is not what fighting games are about. Rather, fighting games are about reactions, but more about quick reflexes to unexpected maneuvers, and with audio cues, I just can't see how it would be possible to keep that fast, intense pace.
4: Ducking sound/stand up .
Well, as it is, one can't duck in a fighting game, but I think crouching would be the same. Though I actually agree now... a sound would be a good idea. Though in a traditional fighting game, the only attacks that don't hit crouches are attacks that hit upwards, like a shoryuken, though the only reason people would usually use them is because someone is jumping in towards them.
5: more obvious footstep and taunt sounds.
Nifty idea, but imo it isn't really necessary, since attacks can also judge distance well enough, along with attack sounds coming up. The reason I mention all this is because I don't want too much audio detail... it'd be confusing to have to keep track of that much audio and strategize at the same time. Just me though, I like the sounds that are necessary and the few more that lend atmosphere.
6: Obvious knock down and get up sounds.
Already in every modern fighting game in existence. lol. In both cases. Someone thought of that before you did. grins.
7: hit against corner sound.
Huh. I dunno about that one. haha Not sure what could realistically be put in, since traditionally we don't have walls or rings, just the edge of the screen as a stage. I think if we put in footsteps, we can just have them stop at the edge. Seems like a fair solution to that problem.
8: description of moves.
Hmm. I'm not sure if that should be in the game itself... a command list is just a quick reference for moves, not a detailed tutorial... I think we should keep that in the documentation, along with your 10th comment which is description of characters which I also think should be in the docs. As to stage descriptions and ambiance sounds... I think that the sounds themselves could describe them... and fighting games can be playable as long as the ambiance sounds aren't too loud. I don't know what kind of stage description could be on the screen because it would have to sound natural, and any description that I can come up with at least sounds pretty dull in a short form. lol