The way I see it, there's only two ways to make missioning viable with
over 1200 players and not all of them being able to communicate. The
20 slot losers.txt file is now basically a waste of time, no offense,
and despite its good intentions, the alert command can make truck
sitting very, very easy.

The only two ways I can see of fixing the problem are to allow leaders
to prescreen their mission companions or kick out unwanted ones. The
prescreening method would involve some sort of list with a checkbox
style system so the team leader could decide who should go and who
should stay. The other method is pretty simple, as well. It would
involve being able to access a list of those who have joined and
remove unwanted elements. in either method, there should be a way to
make a mission no longer joinable so that you don't get someone who
came aboard in the last second before launching.

As far as the Swamp game's realism, it would increase. It is
completely reasonable to say that a team leader would have the
discression to go out and trust their safety to whomever they would
like, whether it's a friend or just a good fighter.

And as one final comment, I would like to offer the suggestion that
the "Last Man Standing" and "Sniper Proving Grounds" missions, and any
similar missions, should be an exception to this methodology as the
gain in reputation should not be lessened and the competition should
not be shrunken simply because some person wants to exclude others.

In any case, I do agree that something should be done. I hope that I
and others do not seem pushy. It's just that the player base is so
large and diverse that some control over missions should be allowed.

Signed:
Dakotah Rickard