Hi Dakotah,

I had sight growing up, but lost it as a teenager.  I'm not sure where
that puts me in the adaptation to blindness argument, but I'm sure I
was able to adapt quicker and easier than someone twice my
age.However, as you say there have been some studies that the brain is
able to adapt to the lack of sight at a younger age than at an older
age and as a result there may be a wide degree of interpretation of
what is and isn't accessible for that person. It sounds to me there
needs to be more study on this subject.

Cheers!