It definitely is, the other killer is toolbars. They are resource eaters in
a big big way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 22 October 2012 01:21
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Slightly off topic: smugglers 5.

Hi  Ibrahim,

Well, you will get no argument from me that a lot of the problems with
Windows comes down to end users being ignorent of what tools are
available for maintaining their system and  I blame the manufacturers
for not including a default schedule for handling various  maintenance
tasks. However, I will stick to my point the more stuff you put on the
drive the slower it will get.

To give you an example there was a Win 7 computer here that I did
basic maintenance on which improved system performance but it still
booted slow and took forever to load applications. It turned out my
wife had 250 GB of pictures and videos on the drive. We got an
external drive, moved everything to the external, and deleted
everything from the c: drive. The moment we deleted all 250 GB  of
pictures and home videos Windows 7 ran twice as fast. So I have proof
that putting too much stuff on c: is a performance killer as I've seen
it firsthand.