Would have to agree with Thomas on this one. Even as someone who was born basically blind I do have somewhat of a concept of what black is. And like Thomas said, that's probably the closest you would come to describing total blindness. I actually had a fun experience going caving with a camp I was volunteering at. The children were all blind as were some of the volunteers, and one of the activities we did once we reached the far back of the cave was for all the sighted people to turn their lights off and just stand there and try and look around. Complete pitch darkness is what they saw... which would be the closest thing you could ever come to experiencing blindness since caves are said to be one of the darkest places on Earth. If you were in a cave for a few weeks with no light and when you finally did come back out of it, you would remain blind because of the fact that your eyes no longer had use for light and would be used to blackness. At least, that was what the guide said... :P. As to portraying Space, I don't know how it could be done accurately in pure audio. I think Tom had a good idea, but in reality... you wouldn't be able to hear stars burning, or planets moving, since there is no air in space to move sound through. However, that would probably be the closest to portraying that vast void in audio. All those warblings and odd sounds so many space-related soundscapes provide is illogical and doesn't make sense. lol