Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 11:08 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] If games was: Fast paced games

Hi Ibrahim.

I can't recall all the text adventures I got stuck on, but some included
heroes, the tad's game see of night (both of which had lovely settings), the
first unculian undventure title (again, lovely writing but annoying
puzzles), Also alien abduction, and spider and web and shade by andrew
plotkin. There are probably others too, not to mention Zork 1, Hitchhikers'
guide and Arthur, the infocom titles I spend most time with, (again, lovely
writing especially in hhg, but just bloody frustrating!)..

I even got stuck on glowgrass, which an introductory artical I read on if
said was supposed to be an easy intro game, ----- as I said, me and parza
puzzles don't mix!

As to some of my favourites, well those tend to be the ones I completed :d.

Pretty much anything by Paul Obrian, but especially his game lash and his
earth and sky series, Dreamhold by andrew plotkin (an intro to if game but
one with lovely writing), and the game Babel who's author I temporarily
forget.

Probably my single favourite if title ever! and what for me is pretty much
the pinacle as far as parza based if is concerned is the game worlds apart
by Suzanne Briton. An absolutely wonderfull game where all the puzzles and
challenges came entirely from understanding the very alien world and taking
in information, which is just the sort of challenge I appreciate, and none
were illogical! Quite ironically this was also a game that got severely
hammered in the spag review, so obviously myself and the if community
disagree :D.

to be perfectly honest these days as Tom said I'd prefer something with a
little more of a strict challenge and writing, not to mention good mechanics
and stats where those help the game, indeed the if I have played most
recently have been rpgs written in if languages such as wumpus 2000 and
kerkkerkruip.

Beware the grue!