On Tuesday, April 23, 2024 5:26 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> On 2024-04-23 11:08, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >> Indeed.  Though Patchwork is another option for patch tracking, that
> >> glibc seem to be having success with.
> >
> > We tried this in gdb as well.  It was completely unworkable -- you have
> > to manually clear out the patch queue, meaning it's normally full of
> > patches that already landed.  I know glibc has success with it, but I
> > wouldn't consider it for gdb unless it gained some new abilities.
>
> The thing that Gerrit excels at is tracking the different versions of a
> given patch, being able to easily diff versions, etc.  And then mark a
> patch as merged once it's committed to master.

FWIW, I think this is a very useful feature.  I used gitlab and github, too;
their revision tracking is far worse.

Regards
-Baris

> Patchwork doesn't have this capability built-in (AFAIK).  You can try to
> do some automation, but I doubt that any system based solely on getting
> patches from a mailing list can ever be as good as something like Gerrit
> for this.
>
> Simon

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de <http://www.intel.de>
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich