On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 10:45:56AM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > Kai Tietz wrote:
> >
> > > See
> > > http://www.nabble.com/-PING%5E2-PATCH-%3A-Preparations-for-SYSV-MS-ABI-attributes-in-backend-tf4414541.html
> > > http://www.nabble.com/-PATCH-%3A-Implementation-for-SYSV-MS-ABI-attributes-in-i386-may-before-stage--3-tf4428449.html
> >
> > Thanks for letting me know.  I'm going to leave this to the x86 back-end
> > maintainers.
>
> The changes are not completely trivial, but it is easy to verify that
> the default path (ie compiling sources not using new attributes) remains
> unchanged, so I would be happy to review the i386 specific patch after
> returning at Monday. Given also fact that this seems important for wine
> and other hybrid environments.
>
> Global or middle end maintainer is needed for the first patch however.

In the first patch, I am somewhat uncomfortable with changing RETURN_IN_MEMORY
and OUTGOING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE, by adding an additional parameter, and then
changing all of the targets.  It might be better to have new macros
(RETURN_IN_MEMORY_ABI, OUTGOING_REG_PARM_STACK_SPACE_ABI), and if the old macro
is defined, code the new macro calling the earlier macro.  This way you can
avoid changing the other backends.  Otherwise, you probably need to work with
each maintainer to make sure you haven't broken their code.

--
Michael Meissner, AMD
90 Central Street, MS 83-29, Boxborough, MA, 01719, USA