Let’s begin by saying Hong Kong is not a country, nor is it even a state.
For almost 150 years, from 1843 until 1997, it was ruled by the UK as a
colonial dependent state. The UK administered the politic, the
bureaucracies, the education, and just about everything you can think of.

I grew up in Hong Kong, and I should know. People in Hong Kong identified
themselves as the people of Hong Kong, and, for many years, we were proud
to be a Hong Konger. While we still identified ourselves as Chinese, we’d
emphasize that we were from Hong Kong, alienating ourselves that we were
not people from China. We were embarrassed to identify ourselves with the
Chinese, which to the world was considered to be backward people under the
“Communist dictator” regime. Western Media have been hugely successful in
subverting China in the past few centuries. You probably still remember the
Western people used to slight and slander the Chinese for wearing Pig-tails
during the earlier decades and mid-decades of the 20th century. It was
followed by smearing China as the “Sick man” of Asia. Then came the
“Communist Dictatorial Regime”.

The Western Media was on a rampage of slandering the Communist Party of
genocide during the ’60s ’70s at the times of the Gang of Four. (Of course,
when China took part in the Korean War and the Vietnam War fighting against
the encroachment of the Western Colonialists, it did not help. The Western
Media was on overdrive). China, for all those years, was trying to protect
its national interests and was not on imperial expansion. (The Marshal Law
called for the encirclement of “Communist China - the Bamboo Curtain, which
was to control China by invading the Korean Peninsula and the invasion of
Vietnam.)  Naturally, according to the Western Media China was always in
the wrong. Have you noticed that trend continued, and the West has not
forgotten that China must be taken down and broken up?

Then Deng Xiaoping took over the helm of China. He was nothing short of a
genius, despite his short physical stature. After meeting Lee Kuan Yue, who
enlightened him; Deng realized that he had to do something about China – to
modernize China and must be quick. He visited Hong Kong secretly at the
beginning of the ’80s when Hong Kong had emerged as one of the Four Dragons
of Asia and made a couple of incredibly wise decisions. Deng declared that
Zhenshen had to be tasked after Hong Kong, that China must be opened to the
rest of the world economically. He reached an agreement with the UK to make
Hong Kong a springboard to connect with the rest of the world; to this day,
HKG is the only hub where RMB and foreign currencies are legally exchanged;
it was a beneficial move for both the UK and China, and Hong Kong
prospered. (I hasten to add that the RMB has gained global acceptance as a
FOREX in the past couple of years.)

With the opening up of China in the mid-’80s, the West, mainly the US took
advantage of the situation by moving practically all the ‘dirty’ factories
(heavy metal-based industries) into China for the cheap, enjoying next to
nothing wages. Naturally, China suffered dramatically in environmental
issues due to heavy pollution. (Perhaps, it is fitting to point out that an
I-phone costs around say US$1,000 at the retail level, the cost ex-factory
is less than US $150, which includes materials, factory, transportation,
company profit by Foxcom, etc. Can one imagine the price China paid in
modernizing China? With these harsh and exploiting conditions, China
persevered.

Shortly before he died in 1997, Deng said, “Lower your head, work hard to
catch up. It’s not time to show your strength.” China did and does. China,
since the mid-’80s, has become the global factory. Practically all the
light and medium industries are now made in China. (Of course, it is now
changing; China has moved into the heavy industries). Without a doubt, even
with the cheap supply of goods, the West is yet to be satisfied - it labels
China for dumping, whereas, I’d say it is cheap labor and keep people at
work. For years the US and the West claim that PRC has been manipulating
its currency.

By the late ’80s, has the West forgotten about taking down China? Nope, the
was a series of smear campaigns of ‘massacres in Tibet,’ ‘China kills
dissidents in Xinjiang’, and to cumulate in the Tiananmen massacre. I, for
one, was fooled. Ham, my wife,  and I moved to Canada because we were
extremely apprehensive of the “Communist Dictatorial” regime. While we did
not forget that we were Chinese, we could not stand the Communist Regime.
Of course, it is only in the last 10 or 20 years that we realized all the
media propaganda was created by the West, particularly MI6 and CIA, and the
agent provocateurs from the Five Eyes to take down the Communist Regime in
China. They have all along wanted to break up China. Why? China has
resources; while natural resources might be limited and lacking; however,
the human resources are tremendous - cheap labor, somewhat learned through
millennia of ingrained cultural training, hard work like no other peoples. …

Deng also made an ingenious move; he maintained ‘when a state is enjoying
prosperity and peace, never lose sight of the impending peril that is
lurking in the dark’; he had warned the state must be in a state of
constant preparedness. Hence after Hainan spy plane incident on April 1,
2001, China stepped up its military preparations. Since then it went on
island building rampage in the South China Sea, as it could not outmatch
the ten aircraft carrier fleets of the US. China also began to stockpile
and modernized its military equipment.

Between 1990 and 2008, they were the great years for China, it was enjoying
high double-digit growth annually, and had accrued trillions of surpluses,
the majority in USD bonds. When Wall Street collapsed in 2008, China was
left holding onto $2 or $3 trillion of US junk bonds, no more worthy than
wallpaper. Not entirely stupid, they negotiated with the US Treasury, which
by then was totally bankrupted, and the only options left for the Fed were
to print more fake US$ or to sell off the national assets at a few pennies
to the dollar. China did. Unknown to most of us, China had used the bonds
as collaterals to buy up US real assets, e.g. Buildings in Wall Street,
factories, facilities in major cities, on top of that they have been using
the bonds to buy up other facilities around the world, e.g. Container
ports, port facilities, mining companies, energy resources etc. Yes, they
were using the US bonds as collaterals. (I believe it is what the ongoing
US-China Trade War is all about, details are unknown to us. As the payment
of the bonds is still left unsettled, Trump wants China to take a haircut;
however, China is adamant about it.)

So, what has that got to do with Hong Kong? A lot! Hong Kong has all along
been a bridgehead of the West. That is why there are thousands of US & UK
spies in Hong Kong; many of them happen to be Chinese or Hong Kongers. When
news broke out that China will pass the National Security Law for Hong Kong
last week, six multi-billion HK dollar-homes in Repulse Bay Hong Kong went
up for sale. Those are the homes of the US embassy members and CIA
operatives.)

            On July 1, 1997, when China resumed control of Hong Kong, it
made a grave mistake though. It honoured the one country two systems, but
did not take over the administration of Hong Kong. The bureaucratic system
was left as it was during the colonial days. The spies and subversive
entities take advantage of this; they have infiltrated into every sector of
Hong Kong – Legislation, Law, Law enforcement, Government bureaucracies,
Finance, Education from University down to Kindergarten, Religion, Media,
Healthcare, Port facilities …. Fortunately, one department was left intact
– the Police Department. I forgot to mention the CEO, but then she is only
one person, there is a limit on what she could do.

To answer the above question, let me ask you the following question:  How
do the people in Hong Kong identify themselves? Why don't the
administrators in Hong Kong not want a national security law? Why do they
not wish to have an extradition law? Did Hong Kong waste 23 years? Have
Hongkong lawmakers failed Hong Kong?  What do you think?
      • Re: [GELORA45] kh djie dji...@gmail.com [GELORA45]
        • Re: [GELORA... S Manap rana...@yahoo.se [GELORA45]
          • Re: [GE... kh djie dji...@gmail.com [GELORA45]
            • Re... ChanCT sa...@netvigator.com [GELORA45]