On Tue, 12 May 2015, Brad Beckmann wrote:

On May 12, 2015, 4:08 a.m., Nilay Vaish wrote:
Again, I would like to know what behaviour is this change trying to achieve?

What more do I need to say beyond what the description already says? It allows us to overload global functions, such as those used for mapping. SLICC already supports overloading for classes. This patch just completes the overloading support.

And why do we need this support? What is it that you cannot do right now? Give me an example of the situation where this support would be useful, that without this support, we would not be able to do.