Hi All,
I just did a clean clone of the latest github on my Ubuntu 17.10 system
(gcc 7.2.0).  In this setup builds fail due to two warnings (because
-Werror is on in the build scripts).

First in decode-method.cc.inc there are some case statements that have
fallthrough conditions.  To get around this I added:

main.Append(CXXFLAGS=['-Wno-implicit-fallthrough'])

to the SConstruct file (is this the right way to do this?).

Second, in neon64_mem.hh there are some potentially uninitialized
variables.  To get around this I added maybe-uninitialized to the CCFLAGS:
   main.Append(CCFLAGS=['-Werror',
                        '-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations',
                        '-Wno-error=deprecated',
                        '-Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized',
                       ])

After this the build completes cleanly.  Probably those warnings should be
fixed in the source code directly but I am not yet well versed enough in
how gem5 works to do that yet.  I'm guessing that these warnings are new
with my gcc version is why I don't see anyone posting on here about them
yet..
Paul