From: gem5-users <gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org> on behalf of Paul V. Gratz
<pgr...@gratz1.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 1:56 PM
To: gem5 users mailing list
Subject: [gem5-users] Errors building on Ubuntu 17.10

Hi All,
I just did a clean clone of the latest github on my Ubuntu 17.10 system (gcc
7.2.0).  In this setup builds fail due to two warnings (because -Werror is on
in the build scripts).

First in decode-method.cc.inc there are some case statements that have
fallthrough conditions.  To get around this I added:

main.Append(CXXFLAGS=['-Wno-implicit-fallthrough'])

to the SConstruct file (is this the right way to do this?).

Second, in neon64_mem.hh there are some potentially uninitialized variables.
To get around this I added maybe-uninitialized to the CCFLAGS:
   main.Append(CCFLAGS=['-Werror',
                        '-Wno-error=deprecated-declarations',
                        '-Wno-error=deprecated',
                        '-Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized',
                       ])

After this the build completes cleanly.  Probably those warnings should be
fixed in the source code directly but I am not yet well versed enough in how
gem5 works to do that yet.  I'm guessing that these warnings are new with my
gcc version is why I don't see anyone posting on here about them yet..
Paul

Paul V. Gratz
Associate Professor
ECE Dept, Texas A&M University