Thank you for your reply again, hahahaha. I have been thinking recently whether
it is possible to design ALU through Verilog, translate it through Verilator or
other tools, and ultimately use it in Gem5. I'm not sure if it's feasible. I am
so obsessed with ALU because I need to provide a rough reproduction of an
article that uses the Residual Number System (RNS) to design a CPU core. Since
I first learned about Gem5, I wanted to keep working on this tool. But now it
doesn't seem very good.

????: [gem5-users] gem5&amp;&amp;instruction execute&amp;&amp;ALU

Hello everyone, I would like to ask, when executing non memory access
instructions in Gem5, shouldn't it be executed in ALU? But ALU has not been
specifically designed and implemented, how is this instruction executed?