On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Carol Moore dc <carolmoor...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>  How do you know?
>
> For example, maybe there are secretly for profit, paid editors
> on Wikipedia who feel threatened by more Admin and/or
> Foundation scrutiny of the kind that some editors have
> been promoting, sometimes for years.
>
> GGTF has too many snoopy, boat rocking editors.
> Getting rid of such editors allows them to continue to make
> money without pesky snoops. If faking IPs helps discredit those
> editors and get them blocked, so they can continue their
> secret paid editing, that's fraud.
>
> Or maybe someone who doesn't like GGTF or Lightbreather
> paid someone $50 to fake the IP and Lightbreather-like
> comments in order to cover their tracks.
>
> Maybe there's someone making a good living faking
> 3 or 4 IPs a week in some topic area where some
> organization wants to discredit some BLPs or
> companies or even a whole nation.  So they flood
> the topic area with socks from phony IPs
> and then it's easy to claim new editors are socks
> and get rid of them before they can learn
> the ropes and deal with POV edits.
>
> I'm sure there are all sorts of more examples
> of what might be happening we could come up with.
>
>  So don't claim there is no fraud when there could
> be fraud going on...
>
> CM

Those are some outlandishly unlikely scenarios, just as unlikely as you
being secretly an impersonator of the real Carol Moore hired to defame the
real Carol by getting banned on Wikipedia. As I said, outlandish and
unlikely. In the absence of evidence of fraud, concluding that fraud exists
("Let's call it what it is... Internet fraud") defies reason.