On 2010-11-05, Sander Temme wrote:

> As of this morning, we are running the live branch on our new Xserve,
> adam.apache.org, with a restricted set of projects
> (testbase/profile.xml).

Great!

> I encourage everyone to check out the build results.  I'm interested in why
> the maven and mvn checks fail with things like:

> com/werken/forehead/Forehead

For mvn3 support the M3_HOME env variable is required inside Gump.  I
should document that somewhere but wouldn't know where.

The mvn wrapper script used by Maven 2.x and 3.x look for an environment
variable M2_HOME to locate classworlds-*.jar which contains the classes
forehead package.  Gump sets this variable based on M2_HOME and
M3_HOME.  This relies on wrapper scripts and installation layouts as
they are provided by the binary maven distributions but may very well
fail on system installed versions of Maven.

The Maven 1.x case is likely similar with MAVEN_HOME being set when run
inside Gump but not when you run maven from the command line.