On Nov 6, 2010, at 10:56 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On 2010-11-05, Sander Temme wrote:
>
>> As of this morning, we are running the live branch on our new Xserve,
>> adam.apache.org, with a restricted set of projects
>> (testbase/profile.xml).
>
> Great!

Yeah.  And later that same day, Apple EOLs the Xserve platform.  Fortunately,
the work done on it applies completely to the regular MacOSX version that we
run on our laptops.

>> I encourage everyone to check out the build results.  I'm interested in why
>> the maven and mvn checks fail with things like:

>> com/werken/forehead/Forehead
>
> For mvn3 support the M3_HOME env variable is required inside Gump.  I
> should document that somewhere but wouldn't know where.

I have installed maven3 from MacPorts.

> The mvn wrapper script used by Maven 2.x and 3.x look for an environment
> variable M2_HOME to locate classworlds-*.jar which contains the classes
> forehead package.  Gump sets this variable based on M2_HOME and
> M3_HOME.  This relies on wrapper scripts and installation layouts as
> they are provided by the binary maven distributions but may very well
> fail on system installed versions of Maven.
>
> The Maven 1.x case is likely similar with MAVEN_HOME being set when run
> inside Gump but not when you run maven from the command line.

Yes, that made the difference.  I have tweaked the environment variables to
point to the real install directories for all three, instead of just pointing
to a symlink for the wrapper script.

So M3 picks up M2_HOME and infers the classworlds location from it?  So will it
run with classworlds 1.1 (which came with Maven 2) instead of the
plexus-classworlds-2.2.3.jar that comes with it?  Won't it have trouble with
the stale version?  How broken is that?

The midnight run will tell.

S.

--