Hi Florian

> So, if TDF does not join the Apache OOo project, a community split is our
> (=TDF) fault. However, if the people proposing the Apache incubator project
> do not join TDF, a community split is not their fault.

Noel wants surely express OOo is open to everybody and there is no
intention to split anything. Lets not speak about "faults" or
anything. It is even possible that both communities can benefit from
each other. Whatever, its not about faults imho. Not the TDF joins
Apache, Individuals do

> This looks like a rather one-sided view to me.

If the proposal does not go through, we miss the chance to have an ASL
licensed office suite. This is important for some (me included). If
Apache refuses, its the fault of the ASF do let this chance go and
leave Office suites to the world of GPL. This is the other side.

http://www.grobmeier.de