Hi all,

taking this out of the Celix vote thread in order to keep it tidy.

Sebb wrote:
> The file documents/Celix.graffle does not have a license.

In JSPWiki, we have a .graffle file, too. Although this is XML, I consider this
a binary file, just like a JPEG image for example. It's the document format of
Graffle, a graphics software for Mac OS X.

> I agree that the download problem is not a blocker for the release. Until it
> is fixed, I suggest adding a note to any vote e-mails to warn reviewers about
> the problen.
> Using wget, I was able to download the archive, sig and hashes.

The problem underneath is: When the browser tells "Accept-Encoding gzip" in its
HTTP request header, it can be that a .gz download gets gzipped again. Although
the server correctly responses with "Content-Encoding gzip", the browser may
not handle this download correctly and save it double gzipped to disk. So you
end up with a file .tar.gz which in fact is a .tar.gz.gz format. Gunzipping
this manually leads to the correct data.
So,
* there isn't any real data corruption and
* it seems to be at least not only the server part which is to blame here

Regards
 Florian