We clearly differ with our view if how much is delegated from board to
IPMC. The amount of work the board does on x podlings weach month is less
than the work they do on x TLPs. That is without the IPMC addressing issues
that come up every now and again. We can go into detail if it becomes
necessary.

There are problems of efficiency, that is what I believe is the problem.
But as I said we need to agree to differ at this time.

Where I differ from you is that not when  each podling had 3 active and
engaged mentors, all would be good in those cases. That is rarely the case
though. Therefore your proposal means either a reduction in the number of
accepted projects (problem: how do we know which to accept), a reduction in
the quality of TLPs (problem: reduction in perceived quality of all ASF
brands), or a bigger oversight role for the board (problem: will the board
accept this?)

For me the first option is the only outcome that can be considered. If that
is a desired change (it is not for me) then your proposal is great. For now
though the change I want is a more efficient IPMC and this is why we need
to agree to differ at least until more of the IPMC have a stomach for
radical change.

Ross

Sent from a mobile device, please excuse mistakes and brevity