A simple question for you all.

If the current amount of podlings (38):

[terra:~/tmp/podlings-content] mattmann% cat podlings.xml | grep current |
wc -l
      38
[terra:~/tmp/podlings-content] mattmann%

Graduated over the next 3 months (~13 a month), or even the next 6 months
(which is
~6 near the current rate +/- a few), would the Board members suddenly
cease to function?

And then in that time, if we gain 1-2 new projects a month (probably
greater than
the average the past few years), would the Board again cease to function?

My proposal is to dissolve the self questioning, TL;DR, binding VOTEs and
wild
west that is the Incubator PMC. The rest of the situation stays the same.
Keep the
stinkin' documentation at http://incubation.apache.org, and folks can
continue
to work/crank on it there if they desire. Why is a (meta)/umbrella
committee needed for this?

And stop identifying the Board as the folks who shoulder the load. The
committees
(incoming and graduated) shoulder the load -- the Board only acts rarely,
and
when provoked. We also have committees for Legal and otherwise that can be
leveraged
here as I have stated.

BTW, note the first step you all seem to agree on is also the first step
in my proposal,
that Greg and I proposed over a year ago.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist