> The product name is a problem.
>
> Please explain how this release relates to Apache Karaf? We can give you
> branding guidance once you do.
Sure thing. Zipkin is a tracing system and Brave is the original name
of the tracing libary, and the most widely used one. We currently file
"Brave" under the "Zipkin" brand, though users of it think of the
product as a top-level one.

As tracing ends up integrating with other libraries, our artifacts end
up being named brave-XXX where XXX is the library it is supporting.
For example, the brave repo itself has a dozen such things. Karaf was
split out because it is a specialized community with its own notion of
tests and such (PAX exam , etc).

So, this repo includes support libraries for those using Karaf
directly or indirectly (via CXF). Most of the Zipkin community
(including me) are not that familiar with the Karaf ecosystem. We've
mostly been just supporting the library by updating build etc and
trying to keep it passing tests.

Christian Schneider wrote most of this and we've had some advice from
Andriy Redko as well. Folks like these could likely more intelligently
answer Karaf related specifics.

Hope this helps, and thanks for having a look!
-A