> See [1][2] on policy and many many projects do it except those that were
> developed solely at the ASF.
In practice, you can find many, many that have stock files and were
not developed solely at the ASF.

Considering our statement was "The OpenZipkin Authors", I have not
seen any file at all like this.. noting a non-legal entity.. though I
haven't searched the entire org.
I'm not saying this to be argumentative, rather it feels like cruft
and not commonly applied. I wish others would chime in on topics like
this.

> Where does the code original come from is the question? That ASF header
> states it was licensed to the ASF under an CLA. Is this actually the case?

Again, this seems a site of unique enforcement with questionable
clarity as a result. You seem to want us to add a statement saying
that this code came from the Takari maven plugin and/or to investigate
their CLA process. You are asking us eventhough many many projects use
this as-is. We can follow this, but the same feedback applies.

The general feedback is that we are being asked to do things of
questionable value even if it is to the letter of the law as you
interpret it. Meanwhile graduated projects do not fall under this more
strict regime and the types of enforcement are certainly more strict.
It seems strict enforcements in general should be a community decide
thing vs one person, even if you are very qualified, Justin.