Among the conversations above, there is no policy violation, but
uncertainty for the company that donates its software.

To overcome uncertainty, IMO, time and stories help. @tanruixiang
share one, and I'll talk a bit about others.

> “HoraeDB” is used, whereas “CeresDB” should be used in several cases.

I don't see if anywhere “CeresDB” should be used. If so, HoraeDB will change.
The org name is where it leaves now and shall not to change. This is
the same as datafuselabs/opendal doesn't change its org name before
proposing for incubation.
The same for its doc site ceresdb.github.io/docs, this is associated
with GitHub org.
Others will be changed and is tracked at
https://github.com/CeresDB/horaedb/issues/1319.

For why not change the license header, it's my fault that I suppose to
rename it into ASF license header after entering the incubator, so
that we don't introduce twice large license header changeset. But the
rename is decided so we can move forward anyway.

> It looks like the rename was only done a couple of weeks ago.

Also, I don't think the time itself is an issue but the trust and
certainty, because Pekko renames all its references to Akka after
entering the incubator.

The story is that, if Ant Group doesn't want to donate the software,
there is no necessity to change the name. Ant Group approved to donate
the software, @chunshao90 and @jiacai2050 started to rename the repo,
text occurrence, and dependencies.

@jiacai2050 asked me if we should change the name in the license
header, and I regarded it can be a post-donate action as stated above.

I went through the incubator proposals and found IgniteProposal[1]
chose a new name before it was donated by GridGain Systems, Inc. which
is internally known as "GridGain In-Memory Computing Platform".

I know there are a few companies/individuals just use Ignite and/or
contribute and few people know that Ignite has some relationship with
GridGain Systems, Inc.

> That was not given as the reason.

So, Justin, your comment is not a reason also, but a suspect for
uncertainty if "some entities have taken unfair advantage of this".
This is neither provable nor unfalsifiable.

I may understand your suspect, and I choose to trust the initial
group. And if you find any concerns that may hurt the "Daul branding",
point them out and let the "PPMC" correct it (just like a few people
pointed out "Answer Cloud" issue).

Best,
tison.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/IgniteProposal