The only thing I would want to customize are:

1) Project Logo
2) Project color-scheme

That's it.  I really don't think that is too much to ask.  The
layout should remain constant without a doubt.

> I'm not trying to stifle anyone's creative urges, I just feel
> that in the matter of project comprehension that it is
> pragmatic to have everything look the same. Some don't agree
> with me but what I'm really trying to avoid is the infinite
> configuration quagmire where everyone adds things to make
> things look the way they like and thus you loose all cross
> project cohesion.

Everything should definitely feel the same.  However, color is
a definite clue that you have changed contexts.  By drilling
down a Project's heirarchy, it helps to have a visual clue that
you are not at the same level you used to be.

Color customization is not just a cosmetic tool, it does help
to understand a project's hierarchy.  Logo changes can be missed,
but a different background or header color is hard to ignore.

As a side note, it would be cool if we could include the Jakarta
and project logos as a header in the printed documentation, but
that is a stylesheet change.

> > I just wish I new about Maven a lot earlier--it delivers on
> a lot of
> > promises, and in my book that's golden.
>
> It's been in the works for a long time but really it's only
> been in the last 3-4 weeks that others have worked on it and
> it's taken off primarily because of the interest people have
> in making their develop lives easier. There is definitely an
> interest there because people would rather focus on their
> apps then fart around trying to get a build system to work
> and have it produce useful information.

Absolutely.

So what did you think about the two line navigation approach for
Jakarta Site?

http://tambora.zenplex.org