Morgan Delagrange wrote:

>--- "Andrew C. Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>Please see:
>>
>>http://jakarta.apache.org/site/vendors.html
>>
>>If this is acceptable (this is the best I could do
>>on my lunch break ;-)
>>)
>>

>Doesn't there need to be some legalese?  Jakarta does
>not endorse those vendors; that should probably be
>noted.

IANAL

>>-- I'll go ahead and update the site and I'll
>>supply a patch for
>>mail.html that asks that folks don't post commercial
>>ads to the mail
>>lists rather supply a patch for the vendor page to
>>be applied at
>>jakarta-site2 committer discretion.
>>

>So, if a committer is competing with another company,
>he can veto that company's patches?  How is this
>governed, while still maintaining our integrity as a
>non-for-profit volunteer organization?

No, but if you send a patch for ASP development and its completely
irrelevant to jakarta and no one feels like committing it then *shrug*.
I'll commit patches for whomever no matter what they're doing as long
as its relevant to jakarta and I have time (read: I'm doing something I
actually feel like doing and there is a patch I'll apply it at the same
time).

I think this is preferrable to ads cross posted on the mail lists.

-Andy