on 2002/10/9 10:40 AM, "Daniel Rall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mod_python is looking more and more attractive to me all the time, a
> clever balance between the two.

Not really. This is about as good as plain servlets.

http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/tut-pub.html

Notice the HTML embedded in the .py file? There really isn't anything
different between that and a servlet and isn't python slower than Java
anyway? So, now we just go down the path of re-implementing everything we
have spent years implementing in Java...I don't see the gain.

+1 for python as a replacement for Perl scripts
-0 for python as a replacement for Servlets

=)

-jon (who thinks Daniel is bitten by the python bug =) )