Ceki Gülcü wrote:

I was trying to convey that the word "should" has different meanings. It
can be interpreted as a recommendation or alternatively as an
obligation. For example,

1) One should brush one's teeth. Otherwise, you'll get bad
teeth. However, not brushing your teeth does not make you a bad
citizen.

2) One should be respectful of others. Being disrespectful or violent
makes you a bad citizen.

In 1) SHOULD is a recommendation whereas in 2) SHOULD really means MUST.

Thus, in the sentence, "we should use include the license in each
file," does SHOULD mean MUST or is it just a recommendation?

You are free to take my word for it, or if you deem it necessary, go ask directly and eventually report back.
Michael A. Smith actually went to the board a few weeks ago. I did not
see a closure. As long as an ASF official (board, PMC) does not
officially take a position on this, or until there is an official
document on this topic, one should not make absolute affirmations.

My words: "Currently we should use the full version."

Should or must? :-)
taken from the license:

* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

_must_
martin