Santiago Gala,

I haven't seen the Turbine localization service code, but maybe that could be
separated out and used as the initial code for the Internationalization project
(pretty much what I have done to date with it).  Turbine might also provide some of
the language translations....   A couple things I like about the code I've provided,
is that it's pretty much a one-liner to include resources in a class or package, and
that it's a static reference.  Is the Turbine approach similar?

As far a document and resource translation, I'm not sure if you are referring to
machine translation, or human translation.  My focus has been on human translation,
mainly because machine translation is still pretty far from perfect.  There could be
APIs for interfaces to various machine translation tools, such as Systransoft, but I
think that should be a later, secondary priority.  Even if there was support for
machine translation, I would prefer that it could be augmented by human proofreading
and revision.  So it's probably just as easy to let the language translator use
whatever machine translation tool s/he prefers.

As opposed to something that needs to be "coordinated with each Apache project", the
Internationalization subproject should simply provide a common means for Apache
projects to provide for internationalization.  However, because the language
translations for an Apache subproject should probably be distributed with those other
subprojects, the InternationalizationLibrary for those subprojects would be included
with those subprojects themselves, not the i18n subproject.  I think the relationship
between the other subprojects and i18n should be loose and unidirectional.

OTOH, the InternationalizationLibrary's included with i18n would be more general
application- or industry-specific (security, accounting, medical, etc).  Things that
would get re-used fairly often.

Robert Simpson