Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Part of the proposal indicates the jakarta-commons is not the right home for
> HiveMind, as it does not fit in with the charter of the commons (too many
> dependencies, etc.).

Even if it were proposed that Hivemind stay in jakarta-commons, I do not share
Martin's concern.  There have been several cases where a number of
new-to-Jakarta committers have joined, and (because of the technical
limitations of our permissions infrastructure) have been granted
jakarta-commons karma to work on the package they are interested in.

In practice, this has not caused any problems.  If we are still concerned that
it might, we've got a jakarta-commons infrastructure issue to deal with, not a
concern about any particular package and its associated committers.

> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Craig